Friday, March 27, 2009

Edition # 8 - One Last Time By -Gokul Shankar (TE IT)

I walked with my best friends across the campus, towards my class, my final year engineering class. The hour hand at the watch said it was ten minutes past 4 and there was not even a single trace of any life in the college except for us three me and my best pals.
Another ten steps and there was our class with the doors shut! Had a wish that the time stopped at that very moment but it never happened the second ticked heavily and we opened the doors of the class for one last time.
Wished I cud ask my teacher. "May I come in "and wanted to hear her shout, "You late again, no attendance." But there was no one there, just empty desks and we three, looking at the walls and the desks all empty with quotes we wrote and the classroom where the torture classes were held and the last benches where we had fun. Hiding from the teachers, pleading for attendance. Million memories rolled like a movie into our minds and there was complete silence for a moment and we smiled!!
The entire class was still there alive the last benchers sleeping, the gals chatting amongst themselves. Hari (trying to be creative) sitting besides me, cribbing about something Aditya (topper of our class) sitting on first bench taking down notes, and Teja (thinking that a girl will someday smile back) smiling at the babes, Ajin (wannabe) trying to talk to the gals and we laughing about something of the other, me occasionally scribbling something on my notepad, making some sketches or poetry.
Vineeth (bird-watcher) asked me to look outside and I without even a word looked outside it was an unspoken communication. Shameen (mentally unstable) pinged me and I, with the same enthu looked outside but today there was no one there just the deserted corridor and I could see the IT department at the end.
"Roll number 07..........” "Roll number 07............Gokul....u sleeping again........".
"Ok fine............. roll number 08". "......present ma'm............ ". "You sleep dear...!!!No attendance for you......... "
Wanted to attend one last lecture but this time there was no one to take that last lecture and there was that door open and we wished all the time to run away to bunk. But this time it wasn’t one last time one last time attended the class with no one.
JUST WE THREE…..

1 comment: