Friday, March 27, 2009

Edition # 8 - A LOOK INTO YOUR EYES… By Medha Shanbag (SE CE)

A tree that had long withered
Severed, forgotten how to blossom
But a look, a vent to everything
Everything that was silent
Silent, buried deep within.....
And out gushes a Furore...

A furore
Of pain, of hurt, of dainty denied emotions
Love, hatred, anger, disgust,
Looking upto lost ambitions,
Of fear of reigniting frozen flames,
Scared they will devour,
What little still remains dear.....

Another look and I smile...
Even in pain through the tears,
Smile...for being loved for what I am,
Rather than for what I am expected to be...
Smile for being liberated,
From the golden cage I was in.

Alive was my body but gone was my soul,
Far away from where I was,
But I smile for now I live...
For you brought me love.....my life!!!

A look into your eyes,
Those enigmatic eyes of thine...
Lets me breathe...
Urging...egging me on to smile
To let go, to forgive and to live.

I smile,
For a look into your eyes
Its all I want
And all I will need
When I see my reflection,
When I see a glimpse of me...!!!

No comments: